How to Take Apart a Sig Sauer P365
This video will show you how to take apart a Sig Sauer P365. The model used in this video is a Sig Sauer P365 XL. It will disassemble and reassemble the same way that a regular P365 would. Sig Sauer is a very reputable brand that has started to really capture market share in the last few years. They make quality, reliable firearms. They are popular for their full-sized striker-fired pistol, the P320, which is now the official sidearm of the US Military.
The P365 came out in 2018 and caused quite the buzz. The Sig P365 is popular because it holds 10 rounds of ammo in the magazine and 1 in the chamber while being virtually the same size the Glock 43 which only holds 6 +1. The P365 and P365 XL are very popular concealed carry choices and there are 12 round magazines and 15 round magazines for them as well. The P365xl comes optic ready and the Sig Romeo Zero pairs perfectly with it. We are going to show you how to field strip a Sig P365/P365xl today.
It is important to know how to disassemble and reassemble your Sig Sauer P365 in order to clean and maintain your firearm. However, before you take apart your Sig Sauer P365, you are going to want to remember the 4 Firearm Safety Rules.
1. Always make sure that the firearm is unloaded before you start taking it apart.
2. Make sure that wherever you are cleaning, you are able to always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger. Do not touch the trigger unless it is required to take your firearm apart.
4. Know your target and what is beyond.
How to take apart your Sig Sauer P365.
1. Make sure the firearm is unloaded
You will want to push the magazine release and drop the magazine. Then you will want to pull and lock the slide back by pushing up on the slide lock. You should not see any round in the chamber.
2. Push the takedown lever down
This lever is located on the left side of the firearm. It will rotate downward in a clockwise direction.
3. Pull the slide back slightly and slowly let the slide come forward
The slide will now just slide off the front of the frame.
4. Push recoil spring forward and lift it out
This will allow you to remove the recoil spring and barrel.
Be sure to follow the factory recommended cleaning procedures for your firearm to ensure optimal operation.
If you have any questions about taking apart your firearm, our associates are more than happy to assist.