How to Take Apart a Glock Handgun
This video will show you how to take apart a Glock handgun. All Glocks are disassembled in the same manner. This video will be helpful no matter what model you have. Glocks are one of the most popular firearm manufacturers in the world. Their handguns are known for their reliability. That is why many police departments and militaries use Glock handguns as their sidearm of choice.
- Always make sure that the firearm is unloaded before you start taking it apart.
- Make sure that wherever you are cleaning, you are able to always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction.
- Keep your finger off the trigger. Do not touch the trigger unless it is required to take your firearm apart.
- Know your target and what is beyond.
Let’s discuss how to take apart a Glock Handgun!
- Make sure the gun is unloaded
You will do this by pushing the magazine release and removing the magazine. Next, you will lock the slide back by pulling the slide to the rear of the firearm and pushing up on the slide stop.
- Pull the slide back slightly and pull down on the takedown notches
These takedown notches are on both sides of the firearm and must be pulled back simultaneously. You will then slowly release the slide.
- Pull the trigger
Some people feel this is an unsafe way of taking a firearm apart. This is how Glock has designed their handguns to disassemble and there is no other way to take them apart. It is completely safe if you abide by the 4 firearm safety rules and make sure that the firearm is unloaded. Once you pull the trigger, the slide will come right off.
If you are having issues taking apart or putting your firearm back together our associates would be more than happy to help you.
The New Shooter Seminar is a great resource for learning the basics of firearms.
Check out our other firearm field strip videos!