Objective: To familiarize the participant with the AR-15 platform.
Class Description: This course gives new owners and those unfamiliar with the AR-15 platform a basic orientation to the rifle. Class time will be spent between the classroom and range.
• Safety discussion
• History and terminology of the AR-15
• Cycle of operations and malfunctions
• Field stripping and maintenance
• Outfitting the platform
• Loading/unloading procedures
• How to zero
• Eye and ear protection
• Carbine in AR platform
• 2 magazines recommended
• 100 rounds of .223/5.56MM (ammunition is available for purchase while supplies last)
• Appropriate range attire (closed-toe shoes, long pants, and long shirt recommended)
• Magazine pouch
• Baseball hat (strongly recommended)
Most equipment can be rented or purchased from Frontier Justice. A limited number of AR-15 rifles are available to rent for this class.
• Top-rate instruction
• State-of-the-art range facilities
• Low student-to-teacher ratios
Session Length: 2 hours
Please fill out our online waiver in advance of your range time at http://fjwaiver.com – this waiver must be updated annually.