- 2 Hours
- Must be 18 years old
Objective: To familiarize the participant with the AR-15 platform.
Course Description: This course gives new owners and those unfamiliar with the AR-15 platform a basic orientation to the rifle. The class time will be spent between the classroom and range.
- Safety discussion
- History and terminology of the AR-15
- Cycle of operations and malfunctions
- Field stripping and maintenance
- Outfitting the platform
- Loading/unloading procedures
- How to zero
- Eye and ear protection
- 2 magazines recommended
- 100 rounds of .223/5.56mm (ammunition is available for purchase)
- Appropriate range attire (closed-toe shoes, long pants and long shirt recommended)
- Magazine pouch
- Baseball hat (strongly recommended)
Most equipment can be rented or purchased from Frontier Justice. A limited number of AR-15 rifles are available to rent for this class.
- Top-rate instruction
- State-of-the-art range facilities
- Low student-to-teacher ratios allowing one-on-one instruction at times