Concealed Carry Class
Reserve your place
Concealed Carry Class in Lee's Summit, Missouri
If this class does not meet the minimum number of sign-ups, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this class.
Skill Level: Available for Missouri residents age 19; Kansas residents age 18+. Must have prior shooting experience, not for new shooters
Objective: To qualify the participant for a Missouri or Kansas Concealed Carry License. (CCW)
Class Description: We’ll discuss the procedure for obtaining a license and any extra fees when presenting your application to your local sheriff’s office.
- Class will acquaint the student with basic pistol operation for both revolver and semi-automatic firearms, proper grip, stance, aim, safe storage, holster use, cleaning the firearm, and a detailed discussion of ammunition types and storage.
- Following lunch, students will go to our state-of-the-art range for live-fire exercises required by each state to qualify for a concealed carry license. The rest of the class will focus on “use of force” laws, protecting property and persons, Castle Doctrine laws in Missouri and Kansas and other legal issues.
- Class will wrap up with a discussion of how to interact with law enforcement after a self-defense incident, how to respond to an aggressor, situational awareness, and more. If you don’t have a firearm for the qualification portion of the course, a .22 caliber semi-automatic will be available for you to rent for an additional $15 fee (ammunition is additional). We encourage you to bring and qualify with your own firearm.
- Instructions and paperwork required to receive your license will be provided. You DO NOT receive your license that day.
• Top-rate instruction • State-of-the-art range facilities • Low student-to-teacher ratios • Required course work to receive CCW
Required equipment not included but available for rent or purchase:
• Personal firearm • 50-100 rounds of brass cased ammunition • Eye and ear protection
Session Length: 8.5 hours