Reserve your place
Concealed Carry Class in Omaha, Nebraska
Skill Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Available for Nebraska residents age 21+. Must have prior shooting experience, not for new shooters. Completion of a basic pistol class or private instruction is strongly recommended. Highly recommend using your own firearm.
Objective: To qualify the participant for a Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP)
Course Description: We’ll cover the information required by the state, the procedure for obtaining a license, and any extra fees when applying.
Topics covered include:
- Knowledge of ways to avoid a criminal attack and to defuse or control violent confrontation
- Knowledge and safe handling/shooting of a handgun and handgun ammunition
- Knowledge of proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition, including storage practices which would reduce the possibility of accidental injury to a child
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the purchase, ownership, transportation, and possession of handguns
- Snowmobiles and firearms
- Purchasing a handgun and Handgun Purchase Permits
- Procedures for how a CHP holder interacts upon contact with law enforcement or emergency medical services
- Required documents to carry when carrying a concealed handgun
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the use of a handgun, including, but not limited to, use of a handgun for self-defense and laws relating to justifiable homicide and the various degrees of assault
Instructions and paperwork required to receive your license will be provided. You DO NOT receive your license that day.
- Personal Firearm
- 30 rounds of brass cased ammunition*
- Eye and ear protection*
- Outside the Waistband holster -holster must completely cover the trigger guard, must allow the participant to safely draw, and safely reholster the firearm. The holster must be attached to a sturdy belt that is positioned within belt loops attached to the pants.