Reserve your place
Concealed Carry Class in Omaha, NebraskaNebraska Concealed Handgun Permit class will provide the information, documentation, and shooting qualification required to apply for your Nebraska CHP. The CHP class is not an instructional beginner class and previous Basic Pistol or shooting experience is strongly recommended.
If this class does not meet the minimum number of sign-ups, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this class.
This class will give you the training needed to acquire your Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit.
- First, we’ll discuss the procedure for obtaining a permit and any extra fees when presenting your application to your local sheriff’s office.
- The first half of the class will acquaint the student with basic pistol operation for both revolver and semi-automatic firearms. Also covered will be proper grip, stance, aim, safe storage, holster use, cleaning the firearm, and a detailed discussion on ammunition types and storage.
- Following lunch, students will go to our state-of-the-art range for live-fire exercises required by each state to qualify for a concealed carry permit.
- The rest of the afternoon will be spent discussing “use of force” laws, protecting property and persons, Castle Doctrine laws in Nebraska, and other legal issues.
- The class will wrap up with a discussion of how to interact with law enforcement after a self-defense incident, how to respond to an aggressive panhandler, situational awareness, and post-traumatic stress.
If you don’t have a firearm for the qualification portion of the course, a .22 caliber semi-automatic and ammunition will be available for your use to qualify. There will be an additional $15 fee to cover costs for this. We encourage you to bring and qualify with your own firearm as instructors will be able to offer you personalized extra instruction.
After the concealed carry class in Omaha, Nebraska, an in-depth criminal background investigation of your application will be conducted by your local sheriff's office. If you have questions about the background check, contact the instructor or your local sheriff’s office. We will cover everything you need to know regarding how to get a concealed carry permit in Nebraska.*You must have a current Driver’s License for your state of residents to receive your paperwork.*
Required equipment not included but available for rent or purchase:
- Personal firearm
- 25-100 rounds of brass cased ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Top-rate instruction
- State-of-the-art range facilities