KANSAS CITY, KANSAS LOCATION
Click here for the Missouri Location
If this class does not meet the minimum number of sign-ups, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this class.
Skill Level: Available for Missouri residents age 19; Kansas residents age 21+ (Until July 1st). Must have prior shooting experience, not for new shooters
Objective: To qualify the participant for a Missouri or Kansas Concealed Carry License. (CCW)
Class Description: We’ll discuss the procedure for obtaining a license and any extra fees when presenting your application to your local sheriff’s office.
•Kansas and Missouri Concealed Carry Class. This class will provide the information, documentation, and the shooting qualification required to apply for your KS or MO Concealed Carry permit. This is not an instructional class and previous Basic Pistol or shooting experience is strongly recommended.
• Following lunch, students will go to our state-of-the-art range for live-fire exercises required by each
state to qualify for a concealed carry license.
• The rest of the class will focus on “use of force” laws, protecting property and persons,
Castle Doctrine laws in Missouri and Kansas and other legal issues.
• Class will wrap up with a discussion of how to interact with law enforcement after a self-defense incident, how to respond to an aggressor, situational awareness, and more.
If you don’t have a firearm for the qualification portion of the course, a .22 caliber semi-automatic will be available for you to rent for an additional $15 fee (ammunition is additional). We encourage you to bring and qualify with your own firearm.
Instructions and paperwork required to receive your license will be provided. You DO NOT receive your license that day.
A women-only CCW and Basic Pistol 1 Class is also available.
• Top-rate instruction
• State-of-the-art range facilities
• Low student-to-teacher ratios
• Required course work to receive CCW
Required equipment not included but available for rent or purchase:
• Personal firearm
• 25-100 rounds of brass cased ammunition
• Eye and ear protection
Session Length: 8.5 hours
Please fill out our online waiver in advance of your range time at http://fjwaiver.com – this waiver must be updated annually.