- 8.5 Hours
- Previous experience with handguns required. If no previous experience, Basic Pistol or Private Lesson should be taken before CCW.
CCW – Missouri Location
LEE’S SUMMIT, MISSOURI LOCATION
If this class does not meet the minimum number of sign-ups, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule this class.
This class will give you the training needed to acquire your Concealed Carry Permit. This training qualifies for both Kansas and Missouri concealed carry.
Course Description: First, we’ll discuss the procedure for obtaining a permit and any extra fees when presenting your application to your local sheriff’s office.
The first half of the class will acquaint the student with basic pistol operation for both revolver and semi-automatic firearms. Also covered will be proper grip, stance, aim, safe storage, holster use, cleaning the firearm and a detailed discussion on ammunition types and storage.
Following lunch, students will go to our state-of-the-art range for live-fire exercises required by each state to qualify for a concealed carry permit. The rest of the afternoon will be spent discussing “use of force” laws, protecting property and persons, Castle Doctrine laws in Missouri and Kansas and other legal issues. The class will wrap up with a discussion of how to interact with law enforcement after a self-defense incident, how to respond to an aggressive panhandler, situational awareness and post-traumatic stress.
If you don’t have a firearm for the qualification portion of the course, a .22 caliber semi-automatic and ammunition will be available for your use to qualify. There will be an additional $15 fee to cover costs for this. We encourage you to bring and qualify with your own firearm as instructors will be able to offer you personalized extra instruction.
Missouri Concealed Carry Qualification Requirements:
- A live firing exercise of sufficient duration for each applicant to fire either a revolver or a semiautomatic pistol, from a standing position or its equivalent, a minimum of 20 rounds from the handgun at a distance of seven yards from a B-27 silhouette target or an equivalent target; and
- A live-fire test administered to the applicant while the instructor is present of 20 rounds from either handgun from a standing position or its equivalent at a distance from a B-27 silhouette target, or an equivalent target, of seven yards.
After the class, an in-depth criminal background investigation of your application will be conducted by your local sheriff’s office. If you have questions about the background check, contact the instructor or your local sheriff’s office.
Required equipment not included but available for rent or purchase:
- Personal firearm
- 25-100 rounds of brass cased ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Top-rate instruction
- State-of-the-art range facilities
- Low student-to-teacher ratios allowing
- one-on-one instruction at times
Please fill out our online waiver in advance of your range time at http://fjwaiver.com – this waiver must be updated annually.
You must fill out a form for each person attending. It will not let you add multiple classes to your cart with the same name.