Reserve your place
We are honored to be hosting Legendary Lawman Chuck Haggard at our Omaha, Nebraska location. Chuck is a highly respected and sought-after national-level instructor who has taught at events such as TacCon, the Active Self Protection Conference, and Revolver Round-Up being held at the historic Gunsite range.
Chuck has been active in private defensive training throughout his long career in urban law enforcement. After nearly thirty years of steady upward progression through the ranks of the Topeka Police Department, he ventured out on his own to pursue private training on a more regular basis. Chuck maintains his POST certification and stays active in the law enforcement community, but he now devotes even more time to training other police officers, military personnel, security forces, and private citizens on the art and science of personal defense.
This class will explore realistic less than lethal defensive options for people in a non-law enforcement capacity, be they off-duty cops, concealed carry people, high school and college students, etc.
This training will introduce the student to the concept of “MUC”, Managing Unknown Contacts, as a method to detect pre-assault behavior and prevent criminal assault. Emphasis will be placed on the use of verbal skills and less lethal tools to stop criminal assaults.
3 Hour Class
Topics Covered include:
- Detecting pre-assault cues
- The criminal assault paradigm
- Verbal agility
- Using less than lethal tools to avoid criminal assault and when they are appropriate vs going to guns
- Transitioning from less lethal to lethal force if needed, if the student is a concealed carry person
- This training would be appropriate for responsible high school-aged teenagers and college students to any age adult.
*This class is non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.*