- 2 Hours
- Must be 21 years old. Must have completed a Basic Pistol, credible CCW class or an equivalent course of training. Student should be comfortable and confident in his or her firearm-handling skills. Strong side, outside-the-waistband-only holsters are allowed. Some strong side, inside-the-waistband holsters, such as a CrossBreed-style, would be acceptable. Check with the instructor before class if you use a different holster style.
On Guard Pistol Skills II – Kansas Location
Objective: To develop more complex firearms skills needed for defensive situations. Course Description: This class will focus primarily on range skills after a brief review of “use of force” laws. Skills will be explained and demonstrated on the range by the instructor. Specific drills will include: shooting under stress using a shot timer, standing barricade shooting, how to clear a safe exit from a structure and target-recognition drills. Rental firearms are available to participate in this class for an additional $15 fee. (Glock is the only rental available with a holster.) We recommend students bring their own firearm so we can instruct them on their personal firearm. A .22 caliber is acceptable if that is what you normally carry as a concealed defensive firearm. Required Equipment not included but available for rent or purchase:
- Personal firearm with an outside-the-waist holster
- 150 rounds of brass cased ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Top-rate instruction
- State-of-the-art range facilities
- Low student-to-teacher ratios allowing one-on-one instruction at times
Please fill out our online waiver in advance of your range time at http://fjwaiver.com – this waiver must be updated annually.
You must fill out a form for each person attending. It will not let you add multiple classes to your cart with the same name.