- 3 Hours
- AR-15 basics. The participant should be very comfortable and confident in their rifle handling skills.
AR-15 II Protective Rifle
Objective: To challenge the participant with the AR-15 platform.
Course Description: This intermediate course for the AR-15 carbine rifle prepares the student for more
advanced training. The course is designed for anyone with a basic understanding of the AR-15 rifle
platform or who has completed the Basic AR-15 course. There is a short classroom lecture session and
then a majority of the class will be conducted on the range. The course introduces movement with the
This course will also expose the student to:
• Conventional and unconventional shooting positions
• Engaging multiple targets
• Malfunction clearing
• Moving and shooting
• Cover vs. concealment concepts
For This Course You Will Need:
• A minimum of 200 rounds of quality ammunition
• A rifle with a sling is required
• Sights or optic on the rifle required
• Sidearm in a holster to practice transitions – not required, but definitely adds to the experience
Extra mags preferably in a magazine carrier
• Top-rate instruction
• State-of-the-art range facilities
• Low student-to-teacher ratios allowing one-on-one instruction at times
• Eye and ear protection
• Carbine – in the AR platform
• 2 magazines
• 100 rounds of .223/5.56MM (ammunition is available for purchase)
• Appropriate range attire (closed-toe shoes, long pants and long shirt recommended)
• Optional: Gloves, Baseball hat (strongly recommended), Knee pads
Most equipment can be rented or purchased from Frontier Justice. A limited number of AR-15 rifles are available to rent for this class.
Contact Us if you are interested in this class. Once we have enough interest we can work on getting a date on the calendar.